Monday, March 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday.... and that blinking red light!

I have a red light that blinks on my machine when the bobbin has about a yard or so of thread left. Did I see it blinking? No... time for a break from sewing and time to post a pic.

My guild gets siggies on blocks that we then sew together for quilts to be given to soldiers in the Warrior Transition Unit at our local military post. Here is the one on my design wall this morning.

Speaking of design wall... I love mine! It is new! DH bought 4'x8' sheets of styro insulation which I covered with batting and he screwed to the wall in my workroom. It is wonderful in that I can display more than one project at a time.

Judy L, of Patchwork Times, hosts a weekly Design Wall Monday. Check out all the inspiration HERE.

Don't you just love those Christmas blocks?!? They are from my friend crazy'boutquilts. We swapped 12" blocks Christmas 2009... well, actually January 2010. ;-) Here is a better pic of my full design wall.

And look! DH even cut a hole for the electrics on that wall! :-D


Well, I have a lot of catching up to do this week as I got nothing done over the weekend. The mulberry trees have begun their attack on us asthma sufferers. And so it goes...

Have a great afternoon.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I saw your name on Crazy About Quilts blog comments and decided to pay another Karen a visit.
I wish my machine had a warning light for when I was running out of bobbin thread. Have you ever sewn & sewn with no bobbin thread. Makes you wonder how you couldn't have noticed.

call me crazy said...

Sorry about the blinking red light! Mine does that too~ at the least favorable times! ;-) Love your design wall! :-))

Bridget B said...

Like your design wall-wish I had one like it. I am also pestered by a blinking light but its better than sewing a long seam w/o thread ; )