Monday, May 3, 2010

Blue Monday... no, not that kind!



I am joining Smiling Sally today for Blue Monday.

















Blue used to be my favorite color... well, until I moved to the desert southwest. Now green is my most favorite, so I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of my Bur Oak in the pic above that we planted a few years ago in the back yard.




High atop the pine trees that border the back of our yard, this mockingbird serenaded me for the longest time one morning.

Most of time we have these clear blue skies with no or very few clouds. The clouds come during the rainy season in the summer. That's when we have the most spectacular sunsets....



These Jays have been one of my favorites to photograph in my backyard this year. There have been as many as six at one time flitting from the ground to the oaks to the pine trees to the feeders. Their soft coloring is beautiful in the sunlight.



Thanks for stopping by...   Karen

13 comments:

helenabelle said...

Ooh, those blue jays always seem to have the prettiest colors! One dive bombed my poor cat yesterday!!!
I just became your newest follower.
I hope you have a wonderful week and a great Monday.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

SmilingSally said...

I love that shot of the Blue Jays! They're so gorgeous, and you took a great picture. Happy Blue Monday.

call me crazy said...

Great photo's! Blue 'used to be' my favorite color too. ;-)

kim said...

Great blue photos and green is my favorite color too.

LV said...

Welcome to Blue Monday and the blogging world. Youdid a great job on your post for today.

Lara Harris said...

Love the Jays! :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

beautiful photos!

Marice said...

those are beautiful shots :) im your newest follower!

u may view mine here

Briarside Lane said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments... and "welcome" to my newest followers! Still kinda finding my way around blogger-ville.

xinex said...

I love the pictures of the birds. Great capture!...Christine

Mary said...

Your pictures are perfect for Blue Monday. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Baba said...

Hi Karen, I love your contrast of colors with the green tree against the blue sky..the Blue-jays are such a pretty bird..welcome to Blue Monday and our blogging world.Hugs, Baba

Karen said...

Hello!

I love your photos! The blue sky is beautiful and the blue jay is is just to pretty.

I noticed some of your quilts too and they are gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am just now catching up on my blue Monday visits! I hope yours was a happy one!