Monday, May 10, 2010

Blue Monday...


Good Monday Morning!

I am joining Sally for Blue Monday. 
 Be sure to visit her blog and all the other participants.


First, I would like to share my "second breakfast" and this quote from "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring."

Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
(Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.)
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it....

A week or so ago, I made the strawberry freezer jam I am enjoying on my mini bagel using this:
It is quick and easy. 
 Of all the fruit you can use according to their package instructions, 
strawberry is my favorite.

For an additional "blue," these fabrics are on my cutting table this morning. 
 Check back next Monday to see what I've come up with... 
 Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by for a visit.

...Karen

11 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for telling us about your connection with so many pretty blues. Happy Blue Monday.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovely fabrics!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You could quote The Lord of the Rings to me anytime...love it! Your fabrics are very pretty too.

© Jennifer Raley said...

I forgot about that scene/quote in Lord of the Rings. So true? Ha. ANd those blues remind me of the dress I saw, now which blog was it? I had to look, #3 on Sally's list, Karen @ Elsie Eleanor Design ... you both have some gorgeous fabrics! What are you going to do? I'll have to remember to come back and see! Thanks, Jenn

Ann said...

What pretty fabrics...of course I'll be stopping back to see what you make. :)
You work so quickly, too. I am impressed as I made a quilt once in my life and it took approximately two years to complete!!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

I love lord of the rings too and pers0nally fave all blues,thanks f0r the visit,i like the fabric and table arrangement.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Those fabrics look wonderful. Are you making a quilt? How beautiful it will be!

LV said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting blog for today. I enjoy breakfast food even sometimes in the evening, especially winter time. Whatever, you use the fabric for, it will look nice. I like the pattern and color.

xinex said...

The jam looks good and the fabric, very pretty......Christine

Rajesh said...

Lovely shots for Blue Monday.

Eden said...

Those are pretty fabrics. Love the blue colour and the design.

Thank you for stopping by