Wednesday, May 5, 2010

it's true... I couldn't make just one!

Hi... Happy Wednesday!

I have had a "stash busting" party...

Yesterday, my friend calls me to catch-up after returning home from a long weekend get-away. She visited her favorite quilt shops and excitedly tells me about the pattern she saw worked up in one of the shops. She bought the pattern, raided her stash and made a small one in an afternoon. It is called a potato chip quilt because you just can't make one. She told me basically what it was. It seemed pretty simple, so yesterday afternoon I raided my stash.... and here are the results.

These blocks here on my design wall were finished last night. They still need to be sewn together and a small inner border added plus an outside border.

The colors are very fresh and summery.


This RWB 9-block version, I started this morning. It just needs to be quilted.


I am anxious now to see her quilt top to see if I came close to the actual pattern. I did not use the cutting sizes she mentioned. My blocks finished at 12 inches.

Break time! Have a great afternoon... thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Barb said...

Great way to use up that stash!! Love what you have done.

Bridget B said...

Very pretty- will really brighten up a room. Like the name of the quilt.

Kathleen said...

They are just beautiful!
Patriotic one would be perfect for my July 4th party. May I borrow it..I won't let them eat off it, LOL..
Have a great weekend!
K

Ann said...

Wow, for just having a stash lying around, that is quite the quilt!! Great work and wonderful colors.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

call me crazy said...

Wow you have been busy! They are both wonderful! :-)