Tuesday, May 25, 2010

projects for today...



Good Morning, and Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday, I was able to do a bit of sewing and finished Block 6 for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along.

The pattern for Block 7 was released yesterday so that is on my sew list for today. We are half way through this project.

Also, I need to make some binding for this project. This is a table runner I ran across in my stack of un-quilted tops. And I found yet another table runner... need to do some "meandering" on it today, too. I will share them both later.


The best thing I found was a zip top bag full of Thimbleberries strips from my good friend Crazy'boutquilts. I had totally forgotten about these... AND more importantly, that tomorrow is the Thimbleberries Sew Day! I will be cutting 1.5 inch strips for my project... lots of strips!


I must need some ginkgo to improve my memory. I would settle for the tree as they are one of the most beautiful I have seen, except for the red oak in my backyard. I love the shape of the leaf, and its color change in the fall is a spectacular golden yellow.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today. Make it a good one.
...Karen

"O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

3 comments:

call me crazy said...

Wow! Good for you to be sewing! Love the butterflies~ and what are you going to do with the strips?? Hmmm? Have a great day!

Barb said...

Looks like I will be sitting out another sew day for Thimbleberries....man....will I ever get back to my regular schedule?

Faye said...

Dear favorite sister, gingko is beautiful but the fruit is very, very stinky. Better pick something else.