Monday, May 17, 2010

stars...

It's Monday and time to join Smiling Sally for Blue Monday.

Remember my fabrics from last Monday? Well, I finally decided on a pattern. Here are the pieces I was able to get sewn. More on these below.


For another part of my Blue Monday, I'd like to share some pics from our visit to see the VLA (Very Large Array). You can read more about them: http://www.vla.nrao.edu/ and http://science.nrao.edu/index.shtml

We had watched the movie "Contact," and thought we would like to see these "up close and personal." They are VERY LARGE! So in the picture below, I am reading the plaque there and look up to notice the caution sign on the steps. Of course, one could not go near them but the sign said "CAUTION... automatic equipment, MAY START AT ANYTIME." :-O They move!


I decided I'd rather have pictures at a distance...


Now... back to that quilt top. I poured through books and magazines last week. Not enough fabric for this one, not enough color contrast for that one; so I decided on the Hunter's Star pattern. I need to make 48 more triangle sections to have enough for the size top I would like. This is what the inside of the quilt will look like. Borders will be added, as well.


I hope you have a wonderful day today. I'm putting on my laundry fairy wings today.... ;-(

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Wow. That's a beautiful design. Happy Blue Monday.

call me crazy said...

Oh you are speedy!! Do you have the Hunter's Star ruler? I do~ but haven't used it! :-o Have a great evening!

Loui said...

happy blue monday to you also!
love the colors in the quilt..
but then I love most anything blue..
unless it is yellow..
love that too!!
warmest hugs..
Loui♥

Dena E's Blog said...

Wonderful BLUES and how did you do in your laundry fairy wings today????
Lovely pics and thanks for sharing them. I was just going here and there doing the blue monday thing..
Have a blessed week...Hugs from Iowa ~ Dena

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots and nice work of art.

Annelie said...

That quilt are really beautiful Karen! And thank´s for your kind comment on my blog!

Michelle said...

They do move -- the last time we took the kids there one of those huge dishes was actually turning.

Love the quilt!

Shelia said...

Oh, my, what a beautiful quilt! I love the blue and white and the pattern is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
Shelia ;)

Ann said...

Just lovely! You certainly have a talent.:)
I could certainly use some laundry fairy wings, cause I'm knee deep in laundry and instead of folding...I'm blogging!!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel