Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blue Monday...

Okay, so lavender isn't technically blue...
but our southwest skies were a beautiful cloudless blue
the day I visited a local lavender farm. ;-)



... and our luncheon tablecloth has some pretty blue.
After our walking tour of a local lavender farm, lunch was served.
We began with minted water and a glass of lemonade
infused with lavender, colored with red hibiscus.


An assortment of baked breads was offered with
sweet cream butter or herbed butter.



Our luncheon plate included herb-encrusted roasted pork loin,
fresh lettuces and tomatoes from the garden, and
penne pasta with fresh pesto.



For dessert,
a lavender shortbread iced cookie filled with apricot jam
and a dish of lavender ice cream.
It was divine...





There were a few hundred lavender plants at this farm,
and the owner had just put in 80 olive trees.


She had a variety of herbs in her garden and a small vegetable garden.
I had never seen an artichoke bush... have you?

Our hostess especially loved hollyhocks.
They were beautiful!




Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Please visit all the other Blue Monday participants at


...Karen



24 comments:

SmilingSally said...

What a delightful place to visit, Karen. The meal was inviting, but I drooled over that cookie!

Happy Blue Monday.

Jingle said...

love blue bushes in mountain top,
yummy blue food...

Karen said...

I want to eat at that restuarant. Looks luscious.

LV said...

I will surprise you what you will find for blues even if you are not looking. You did a good job on your selection.

call me crazy said...

Very pretty! Loved the lunch!~ making me hungry already! LOL :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, those cookies are blogworthy in and of themselves! They are probably some of the cutest I've ever seen, and they sound delicious, too!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cabin and Cottage said...

Love your lavender blues--Jacqueline

Riet said...

What a beautiful blue Monday post and of course that is lavender blue. And your lunch looked delicious.

Manang Kim said...

I love hollyhocks and mine are blooming so well. I am also drooling to all your goodies here ^_^ Happy Summer!


Anything Blue

Barb said...

I want the cookies...those are adorable...looks like you had a very peaceful fun time.

Ann said...

Your lavendar blue (sounds like an old song) is very pretty. The cookies looks so yummy.

Debra Kaye said...

Everything looked good....but the cookie...wow! Thanks for sharing that with us today. Happy Blue Monday!!

Ivory Spring said...

What a beautiful post. The pictures are just breathtaking, including the food pictures. You are making me hungry! ;)

Dena E's Blog said...

Lunch looked lovely Sweetie and thanks for sharing the lavendar,,I have thought of it myself,,,sooo glad you actually did it on your post . All of your snaps look delightful and bunches of Blessings and Hugs for your note this morning too~~~Dena

Marice said...

really beautiful! and the lunch looks really delish!

Nanna said...

what a great place to visit, beautiful post!
Helen

Self Sagacity said...

Love the cookies! What I am absolutely craving right now for some reason.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love the lavender and the cookies, yum!
Cindy

Regina said...

Gorgeous blooms! I can smell the scent of lavender. And such sumptuous lunch.
Thank you for sharing.

Happy Blue and a great week.
xo

Eden said...

Such a lovely place .The foods look good. I love lavender and grow them. Great photos. Lots of blue. thank you for sharing and visiting my blog.

Ann said...

I have never been to a lavender farm but certainly love the plant...so many uses and such a wonderful smell.
The food looks yummy. Looks like a wonderful lunch.
Also, thanks for the posting the photo of the artichoke plant. I've not seen one, either. Kinda looks like a thisel plant.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Jeanne said...

Hi Karen, thank you for your visit to my blog. We are busy with grandkid's week and I am late getting some visiting in.

The lavender farm sounds delightful. the food looks awesome too. I have never had a lavender cookie or ice cream. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

Hugs, Jeanne

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/the-celebrate-poet-of-may-award-and-more/

three awards on the bottom,
Happy Saturday!

Joyful said...

Beautiful scenery and the luncheon looks fantastic!