Monday, July 5, 2010

Blue Monday...

... and 101 things to do!
DD and I are heading out this week
to Portland for a few days
and then to:




+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Then on Sunday, we are driving to the Bay area
to spend a few days with son/dil.
(pics are from our March trip this year)
Actually,
we will be staying north of SF... here.
+++ ++++ +++++ ++++ +++

At the north-west corner of
Golden Gate Park is
Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden.
A beautifully landscaped garden
complete with an authentic Dutch windmill,
completed in 1902.
(Riet... this is for you!)
Thousands of tulips bloom
in February and March.
(and lots of poppies, too)




Please visit all the other
Blue Monday participants
via

This affords you a
unique opportunity to
travel from "sea to shining sea"
and
"around the globe."


Thanks for stopping by today...
I will catch up with you all
in a couple of weeks...Karen

11 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you are having an awesome time...be safe!

SmilingSally said...

Have a great trip, Karen. Our daughter was born in the San Francisco area--Oakland Naval Base.

Happy Blue Monday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Karen, this sounds absolutely wonderful! What a great trip! You are going to have a blast. I adore quilts, and that would be such fun to see! And how wonderful that you have family in San Francisco. I loved visiting there.

I got your sweet message on my blog, and here's the way to follow my blog. I left this for Debbie who had asked me the same thing, and it worked for her so hopefully it won't be too difficult. I do it this way because I follow everyone who follows me. If they have to hunt for it, they are serious! LOL! ;-)

First, you need to be signed into your Blogger account. Then above the blog header on every blogger blog, you will see a red box that has the letter B and a space over on the far left. Then after that space you will see the following words:

Follow Share Report Abuse Next Blog

You just click on the follow and that asks if you want to follow and whether you want to follow publicly or anonymously. Easy Peasy!

There's also another way to do it, but I think this is the easiest. Hope this helps!

I am honored that you want to follow me, and I am following you, too. I have also put your blog on my sidebar. Sometimes I do one and forget to do the other, but I checked. So we're good to go! I look forward to blogging with you!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Riet said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful windmill and thank you for mentioning. That quiltshow must be wonderful and I am sure you will have a wonderful trip.

Manang Kim said...

Love your shots!!

BM~Peacock

Karen said...

I have never been to that area of the country. Enjoy your trip and buy some fabric while you are at it!

Cindy said...

Lovely windmill, hope your trip is great.

Joy said...

Enjoy your trip and take tons of pictures. Have a great week and Happy Blue Monday!

Mary said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip and get to see all the sites. The photos you've shared with us are perfect for Blue Monday. I loved the mini-tour. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

The Paint Splash said...

I was just there but didn't know about this park.Thanks for sharing your pictures.I love company so come by for a visit when you get the time. Debbie

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Karen,

That sounds like a most fun trip!!!