Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stars and Stripes...

My quilting adventure yesterday of this banner
resulted in some "un-sewing," :-(
but I wanted to share the top today anyway...
Red ~ Hardiness and Valor
White ~ Purity and Innocence
Blue ~ Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

On July 4, 1776,
the Second Continental Congress,
meeting in Philadelphia in the Pennsylvania State House
(now Independence Hall),
approved the Declaration of Independence,
severing the colonies' ties to the British Crown.
(yesterday's post has
some photos of my visit to
Philadelphia's Independence Hall.)

+ + + + + + + + + +

Happy 4th of July.

...Karen





4 comments:

Karen said...

I love the banner! It looks like a good design and looks fairly easy to make.

Barb said...

I love it....soooo wonderful!

call me crazy said...

Sorry you had to unsew! :-/ Love your banner! Have a great evening!

Ivory Spring said...

Karen, this is is one of the most beautiful patriotic patterns I have ever seen!!! Thanks for sharing.