Thursday, August 12, 2010

still here...

I know, I know... you've all been wondering,
"Where did she go?" (Haven't you?)
I have been hanging out with these since Monday the 2nd....
After failing TWO stress tests,
the cardiologist ordered an angiogram.
I am "good for 5 years.... and
I have a better chance of being
struck by lightning than having
a heart attack." WHEW!

What I really needed (wanted)
was one of these....

Hubby did not indulge me.
(Hyacinth will be on the lookout for one, though.)
It was easier to "recline" or to stand than to sit.
Mostly, I reclined...
The pain is gone, and I feel okay.

Last week I watched it rain...
(that is one thing I miss living here in
the desert southwest~this is
our rainy season... all 9 inches in a few months)
...and watched the birds out the family room window.
These popped up the morning after that rain.
(click pics to enlarge)



I kept spotting this thrasher in the yard, too.

But then I saw this one!
And thought... well, he had just played in the birdbath.

But, no!... it was a parent and a young one.
awwwwwwwwww.....

And then there were the hummers....
lots of hummers!

Too many pics to choose from,
but I liked this one.

We did have a nest last year in the red oak.
"Somebirdy" got the eggs, though, as well as
the robin egg in the nest of the same tree.
The eggs are no bigger than a TicTac!

I plan on sewing tomorrow!!!
A friend is leaving our guild so
we make a friendship block, sign it,
and give them as a farewell gift.
Guild is Saturday and I have to go...
I'm the president!

I have been able to visit some of you this week.
My, my... you've been busy!

Thanks for stopping by...
...Karen




6 comments:

Barb said...

I hope that you are okay....

Glad you get to sew tomorrow...did I miss a post telling me what was wrong? I hope you are well....

Karen said...

What interesting mushrooms or toadstools. I don't know which.

Bridget B said...

Happy to hear you are ok and back to sewing.

call me crazy said...

Love that lounge~ but then I'd never get anything done but relax, read and eat bon-bon's LOL :-) Glad you are getting back to sewing. Have fun!

Mary said...

Karen, I;m glad that the doctor gave you a good report. Your photos today are really wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

orchidlover said...

I'm glad that your are Ok. I've just had an angiogram and am due to revisit the Cardiologist in a week or so.

Love and hugs Gina xxx