Monday, September 27, 2010

An "Awesome" weekend...

(click pics for a larger view)

This was one of theeeeee best weekends!
It was "awesome!" ...in more ways than one!
"Awesome" is the collection of FQs I took with me.
It was great to be in the mountains for the weekend...
I got a lot of sewing done...
had great food, fun, and fellowship 
with Denise, a dear friend and "kindred spirit"...
... and 
I was notified that I was
the winner of an Accuquilt GO! from
Here is my design wall which will come down this week!
This is the next room scheduled to be painted.
We painted the whole house before 
moving in five years ago...
... time for a change!
Upper left ~ 12-block log cabin top using "Awesome" FQs

Top middle ~ "Awesome" panel (no plan, as yet)

Upper right ~ start of my 
"Magical Hexagons" by Martha Thompson

Lower left - Sunflower Circle from
"Gathered from the Garden" by Cindy Lammon

Lower right ~ "Awesome" Sudoku
⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘

It was a beautiful drive leaving town...
From my home,
we drove through this mountain pass on our way.
(Elevation through the pass is at 5280 feet.)
...and down the other side.
We grabbed a bite to eat in Ruidoso
and continued on to her place.

The views from the front deck.



Wonderful temperatures...

And friendly neighbors from the back deck... 

Everyone had a great time! 

⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ ⁘ 

I must get some work done today!
Have a wonderful rest of the day, and
thanks for stopping by...

...Karen

OH! ... and don't forget about the
FALL-O-WEEN
Quilt Designer Blog Hop!
Click the logo at the top of my blog.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Loved these pics !!!!!!

Barb said...

Love what is on your design wall...and the pictures of your drive...

orchidlover said...

Beautiful pics and I love what is on your design wall.
Congratulations on winning the GO. I'm so pleased for you

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kathleen said...

Those are so beautiful!
Sounds like a very relaxing weekend!

Vicki said...

All of those pretty quilt blocks, nice job. I used to live in Alamogordo and these views bring back memories of when I lived there over 20 years ago. I need to get back there for a visit, it should be beautiful this time of year.

Judy D said...

Congratulations on winning the GO! How exciting! Your design wall is gorgeous and so fall-ish. Fabulous scenery photos....