Sunday, September 19, 2010

out on a ledge... literally!

While we were downtown in Chicago,
we took in a view of the city from the Sears Tower Skydeck.
Reaching the 103rd floor in 60 seconds,
the elevator doors open
and you enter an interactive and educational exhibit.
The walls are full of pictures and info
about the city's history and culture,
its wonderful architecture,
the FOOD,
the music and the people.

...and then there is the view!






This is as far as I ventured out.
That's my feet.
The little guy to the left in the pic
was having a grand time!

Here are some views of those "boxes" 
from our water taxi ride on the Chicago River.







OH, and we had lunch at Portillo's... 
another must-do when visiting!


●●●●●●●●●●●●●

...Karen

1 comment:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Just browsing your back posts. Oh man, Portillo's is my favorite place for lunch! I go out of my way if I can to eat there!