Wednesday, September 15, 2010

over 5000 miles...

... and through 20 states!  
Some of which we actually stayed in rather than just driving through!
What a fabulous time DH and I had on this road trip!

✦  ✦✦  ✦✦✦  ✦✦✦✦  ✦✦✦  ✦✦  ✦

It has been very difficult to get back to the
"computer."  I must say,
I missed it in the beginning of our trip
but then it wasn't such a big deal.
I came home to nearly 900 emails
and 300+ blogs posts.

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

Our first stop/stay-over was in Glen Ellyn, IL
visiting with DH's mom.
Naturally, we had to head downtown,
and lucky for us the
Tall Ships Chicago 2010
event was happening at Navy Pier.




Being a Marylander,
I had to take a few shots of the
Pride of Baltimore II.


The last time I saw the Tall Ships was
in 1986, I think, when they sailed through Baltimore
en route to the Liberty Weekend celebration
of the restoration and centennial of the
Statue of Liberty in NYC.


It was a beautiful day on Lake Michigan.













I have lots more pics to share of our adventures
but I need to "carpe diem."
Time gets away from me on the computer...

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ 

Thanks for stopping by...
Have a great day!

...Karen

3 comments:

call me crazy said...

Welcome back! I love the pics of the ships and the water. Check out my latest blog post~ I nominated you. :-)

Barb said...

What a fabulous time.....

Glad you are back!

jlshall (Joysweb) said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Chicago is one of my favorite cities - love to visit there. Love Baltimore, too! Looking forward to seeing more of your travel photos.