Monday, October 4, 2010

Blue Monday

It's Blue Monday.
Visit Smiling Sally 
for additional participants.

This Downy Woodpecker
was chased to the top of this tree.
Not a cloud in the sky!
  During last fall and winter at our home,
I observed that these Gray-breasted Jays
can be quite nasty to other birds.
But, I still find them beautiful
and fun to watch and photograph.
(...and this was who chased the
Downy Woodpecker...)
These photos were taken in Alto, NM 
at my friend Denise's place.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 

...Karen


15 comments:

Pie said...

Great capture.

My Blue Monday.

SmilingSally said...

Good shots, Karen. I like that blue bird too.

Happy Blue Monday!

Vernz said...

Such a lonely bird.. is he? but he's gorgeous... thanks for dropping by On This Side of Town

LV said...

You found just the right bird for your showing today. That is a pretty blue bird. I do not see too many woodpeckers around here..

jlshall said...

Really gorgeous shot of that woodpecker! He looks very majestic up there. And I always love to see Jays - I know it's perverse, but I think I like them mainly because they're so nasty!

Happy Blue Monday! from Joy @ Joysweb

Denise said...

Beautiful pics, my friend...and memorable moments bird watching together. :D

Donnie said...

What gorgeous blues and all thanks to nature. You did a good job capturing the woodpeckers image.

Mimi said...

I love bluejays...in the summer I feed them unsalted whole peanuts just to watch to see how many they will pick up before flying away! They are amazing little birds.

Jingle said...

smart one!

Dena E's Blog said...

Oh WOW,, I just love this bird.. Course,, I love most all birds !!!
Happy Blue Monday Sweetie!!!
Blessings from Heaven as you look to Him~~~Hugs Dena

Dena E's Blog said...

And you are soooo right,,,every blog needs a dog :0)

Eden said...

Beautiful blue sky and bird. Great shots.

Joyful said...

Great photos you got of the bird!

Briarside Lane said...

testing

Briarside Lane said...

test 2