Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Quilt Rack...

Would you look at this!

When I got to church this morning,
this quilt rack was presented to me by
a dear, sweet couple.
It was made by Mr. B., and 
was given to me by him and Mrs. B.
in appreciation for the
Tuesday evening ladies events
that I hosted last year at our church.

It is a beautiful solid oak, 
and it fits perfectly in my home.
I am just thrilled!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
(here is one event)
This theme was "Just Desserts."
A friend and I made all the desserts,
used all my dishes,
(you should have seen my car!)
 but rented the bistro tables and chairs.
It was a memorable evening
and a lot of fun.
We played games and chatted and
ate and had door prizes every 15 minutes!
(I planned one every month
with a different theme.)




...Karen


18 comments:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Very nice~ and very well-deserved! Enjoy! :-)

Cheryl said...

Love the quilt rack and the idea! Your table settings are beautiful! You got your just desserts! :)

Barb said...

What a beautiful quilt rack, I am sure this will be something you treasure for a long time.

Sounds like alot of fun, your deserts..

LV said...

You were very fortunate to receive that very nice quilt rack. See, when you do good things, they come back home to you.

Karen said...

What a thoughtful gift. Now you can fill it up.

Sheila said...

Today our sermon was on how we need to use our gifts...not to bless us, but to bless others....you are definetly using yours! God bless.

Diane H said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift for you to enjoy for a lifetime.

Bridget B said...

What a nice gift- and also friends

orchidlover said...

What a great quilt rack.
Thise dessrt tables look yummy aswell
Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ivory Spring said...

What a beautiful quick rack... I want one!

LV said...

Karen, if you will visit my blog today (10-12). I have something for you.

Ann said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt rack!!
Congratulations. :o)
I know how excited you must have been to receive such a great and useful gift.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Hi!

Karen ~ Briarside Lane said...

test

Karen ~ Briarside Lane said...

test 2

Micki said...

Karen, it looks beautiful...very inviting indeed! I would have loved to be there.
Oh, I love Winston too...what kind of dog is he?
Micki

Briarside Lane said...

test

Linnea said...

Your dessert table looks amazing! I love the lighting in the last shot...so captivating! Thanks for visiting!