Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

Finally!
... some fall foliage from my neighborhood!
I took these pics just this morning.


This is our Bur Oak, planted a few years ago.
Its acorn yield? Two this year.
This Red Oak is just beginning to lose its beautiful green. 

These leaves will eventually turn the most gorgeous red.


♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  

Hubby put the turkey in the smoker this morning
for tomorrow's dinner.
It was in a brine since yesterday and
has been sprinkled with his own special blend.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I am off to the kitchen now to do some baking.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

...Karen

3 comments:

Karen said...

What time is dinner?
My husband did a deep fried turkey a few times but we have since given the fryer to his brother. That tastes pretty good too.

Sue Barreau said...

Hi Karen, I just wanted to say thankyou for coming over to my blog and entering my Christmas Giveaway. I have become a follower of yours too. I love your cute dog Winston. I must put a photo on my blog of my little apricot toy poodle Oscar. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

Micki said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! All looks yummy!
Micki