Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Gift of Gifts...

Herein is wonder of wonders;
He came below to raise me above,
was born like me that I might become like Him.
Herein is love;
when I cannot rise to Him,
He draws near on wings of grace,
to raise me to Himself.

Herein is power;
when Deity and humanity were infinitely apart
He united them in indissoluble unity,
the Uncreate and the created.
Herein is wisdom;
when I was undone, 
with no will to return to Him,
and no intellect to devise recovery,
He came, God-incarnate, to save me to the uttermost,
as man to die my death,
to shed satisfying blood on my behalf,
to work out a perfect righteousness for me.

In Him,
thou hast given me so much
that heaven can give no more.

♥   ♥  ♥

May the best presents in your home
this season and New Year
be the presence of 
The King of kings and Lord of lords.

Merry Christmas
and 
Happy New Year!
Laus Deo

...Karen


2 comments:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

That was beautiful. Love your Nativity cross. Merry Christmas to you too and lots of good wishes for 2011!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Karen... how beautiful!

Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy 2011 to you and yours.

Warm hugs...

XO,

SHeila :-)