Friday, December 17, 2010

Red Oak...

Happy Friday...
and next Friday is Christmas Eve!!!

Just had to share the red oak in our backyard.
I am still enjoying fall foliage...
AND warm temperatures.
It has been 65-71 degrees this week.





Below is the Bur Oak.
It lost its leaves around Thanksgiving.
Sure makes it easier for me to 
capture a pic of the Flicker
that stops by.


I found a video on the web 
after seeing this lighthouse on the news!
This is incredible! Did you see this?
Lake Erie, OH
BRRRRRRRRR!

~ video removed ~

If there is wintry weather in your part of the world,
stay warm and be safe... no falling down!

I'll be back later with Christmas pics.
Winston has been such a good helper! ;-)

Enjoy your day!
...Karen

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

That video makes me go Brrrrr! Your oak is so lovely. Our temps had been in the high 70's until yesterday when a glorious, soaking rain came through. Sky is fresh and clear today and I am off to hike!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Oh I love your tree! Gorgeous colors. We had frost this morning. DS is on the way home~ hoping for a safe trip! :-/

Micki said...

What a gorgeous tree! I love all the oranges in it!
Micki

Barb said...

Enjoyed your tree and little bird....what beautiful colors!!!

Stray Stitches said...

Seeing your picture of the flicker reminded me that we haven't had our annual visit of flickers. The red oak is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the video.

Julie Fukuda said...

I really miss those American trees and birds but I'm glad I left Lake Erie years ago. The lake effect is better appreciated in pictures!