Friday, February 4, 2011

cold weather woes....

UGH!!!!
... and add BRRRRRR to that, too!
Only have a sec before the power goes again...
Off twice already today and
it's only 11:45 a.m.

It was 4° when I got up at 6 this morning.
It is 22° or so now...
at least the wind is calm!

Half a pot of coffee brewed when the power
went off this morning,
 so I went back to bed.
Power back on so I went about
doing some things around the house.
... to include another pot of coffee!

While standing in front of the kitchen sink,
I thought the floor was quite toasty....
but
w e    d o   n o t
have radiant heat under floor tiles.
(on my wish list when we re-do the kitchen)
A call is in to a plumber....
Then the power went off again.
Shutting the 'puter off  before it goes again...

...more later.

...Karen

~and thanks for all the birthday wishes!
I'll get back to you soon...
Hope you are having a better day!


2 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Hope your power is on for good when you read this. And I hope there wasn't any major damage that caused your floor to be nice and warm.

Julie Fukuda said...

That reminds me of the quote, "Cheerup, it could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse."
Hang in there.