Thursday, February 17, 2011

My first bargello...

This is another project from retreat.
I probably should've waited 'til
the morning for a pic.... more light.


Anyway, here are the fabrics below.
They reminded me of the
Murano Millefiori glassworks.
There is 1.5 yards of the pink (left),
1 yard of the white background pink floral (right),
and .5 yards each of the green and stripe.
If you would like it,
leave me a comment saying so.
If you leave a comment but 
do not want to be in the drawing,
please say so... thanks.
I will pick a name Saturday night.
And make sure I have your email...




▐   ▐   ▐   ▐   ▐   ▐   ▐

Now...
how about a cup of tea?
And a piece of cake, too?
It's triple chocolate, you know...


Semi-sweet chocolate ganache
between layers of chocolate cake
with chocolate buttercream frosting....


I think I have had enough
Valentine's Day this week...

...Karen



8 comments:

Lana said...

You have the cutest blog...love the red! and oh my...that quilt is out of this world! Great JOB!
and Chocolate...GLORIOUS...beautiful table setting...ok, can I come over and have a slice?
Nicely done....

Cheryl said...

I don't know what looks yummier---the cake or the quilt!

Barb said...

Love your bargello...looks wonderful but that cake is making me slobber all over myself.....

Stray Stitches said...

Your first bargello is beautiful! I would love a chance to win the leftover fabrics. And that cake gives me a sugar rush just looking at it - lol!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bargello! Yummy chocolate. I would love to win the left over fabric. I would make a quilt for my granddaughter - just her colors! Thanks T Han

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Oh I love your bargello! And the fabrics are so cute! And YUM! Now I'm hungry for choc cake! ;-) Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

It would be wonderful to win the bundle of fabric. Great blog!

Theresa W

foleywestrup at hotmail dot com

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! You are really talented....and you sure know your flowers...thanks for telling me what I had....I know some of the basics...but that is it! To me all flowers are fantastic. You should have seen my excitement over the tropical ones in Hawaii!