Thursday, March 3, 2011

trying to keep calm...

A cup of tea and a biscotti helps.

I enjoyed tea this morning
(and I'd already had two cups of coffee earlier)
in the living room because 
this is how I had breakfast...

We are trying to NOT use dishes to wash.
The work here is going slooooooowly.
A miscommunication resulted in the
plumber showing up late Tuesday afternoon.
Tools are another problem...
but I won't bore you with that.
Here is where we are this morning.
This is a four-inch square cut into the slab 
at a depth of about nine inches.
This is only the hot water pipe... 
not where the leak is located.
And there is water coming in from 
a different direction, as well...
to the right, still concealed under the slab.
That's where the cold supply pipe is.
The jack hammer has yet
to make an appearance.
The noisy hammer drills have been enough.

I may leave today.
We are having beautiful weather...
temps in the low 80's.

■ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ■

Moving on....

Isn't this the cutest honey dispenser?
I purchased it at
in Mill Valley
last year while visiting DS/DDIL.



Water is ready for another cup of tea...

Hope your Thursday is going well,
and thanks for stopping by.

I will try to visit later... after the dust settles.
Who KNOWS when that will be!
Everything is covered in plastic,
and doors remain closed throughout the house.
Taking a deep breath makes me cough!


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

I am retreating with my tea to my bedroom.
The plumber called... he's on his way.
Catch up with you later...

...Karen

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yesterday on the way to the station I passed a housing site where the concrete had just been poured and smoothed over and was sitting waiting to dry. I couldn't help thinking of you and all you are going through.
At least you don't have our problem of mice getting under the house and into the walls and chewing the electric wires. It's all a trade off! Enjoy your cuppa! The pictures are yummy.