Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"There and Back Again... Part 2"


For dinner, we met DS/DDIL at Feng Nian in Sausalito once again.
I enjoyed a pot of scented Jasmine green tea trying to warm up until they arrived.


As happened last year, take-away boxes were needed and no dessert.
The next morning we met DS at The CREPEVINE in San Rafael.

"San Francisco"
~ fresh salmon with capers, red onions, spinach, Dijon and dill Havarti
served with house potatoes & mixed greens with vinaigrette ~

French Toast ~ homemade white French bread

"Sante Fe"
~ grilled chicken, apple sausage with scramble eggs, green onions, provolone and salsa fresca
served with house potatoes & mixed greens with vinaigrette ~


Here is the Golden Gate Bridge that morning...
and I don't think it ever cleared the entire time we were there!
I drove over it last July in a light fog when DD and I were there after being in Portland.
I don't think I would have liked it as much this time... much too dense.




~  Great Egret  ~







...more tomorrow.
I hope your Wednesday is going well.
...Karen

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

As for the biopsies I had on my thyroid Monday?  
I won't know any pathology for a few days but hoping and praying that it's benign.
This "ultrasound guided FNB" experience was quite different than before.
A whole team in the room and lots of needles... did I mention lots of needles?
With the bandage, residual iodine and now some bruising showing up...
I would have been ready for Halloween!
Feeling better today after just chillin' yesterday.


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Karen, I will keep you in my prayers! I know the wait is difficult.
The food looks great! I can't see the bridge, lol!

Bridget B said...

Hope all will goes well for you- will include you in our prayers. Enjoyed all your pictures.