Saturday, October 29, 2011

"There and Back Again... Part 5" ~ wrapping it up... almost

Old Faithful Geyser of California erupts about every 30 minutes.
Visitors, including some well-known ones (photo below),
 are treated to an eruption of steam and scalding 360° water
spraying 60 to 100 feet in the air.
This geyser ranks among the world's few geysers with the designation "old faithful"
because it "performs" at regular intervals.


...some ripples in the water




...bubbling and gurgling 



...a few poofs of ---- well, if you've ever been to Pagosa aka "stinky" Springs...



...and then..... nothing!



...this is it!




...more poofs, and  t h e n ! ! ! 




...poof again.





 F I N A L L Y. . .


These little birds flew around the geyser area making lunch of the many dragonflies.
∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ 
Lunch here....
We moved up quickly in line... but it never seemed to shorten! 

Cheeseburgers, sweet potato fries...


Spicy Tomato Soup
...and an Expresso Bean Shake. (It was delicious!)
 Quite pricey, but very good.  HERE is their menu.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷


We also visited a forest of petrified trees...



These little lizards were everywhere...


... well, give or take a few million years  ;-p

The Queen








∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ 
An afternoon of sailing...
actually "motoring," as my BIL called it.
He and my SIL are new to sailing but it was still fun.
BIL also said there was a lot of screaming last time they were out.
Seems the sailboat was heeling a lot and SIL was, well, screaming a lot...
They thought it best not to scare us to death... especially me!  I'm glad!
They haven't named their sailboat yet...

An osprey having lunch...

Sea Lions checking us out as we passed by... 



The second pelican I saw this trip...





DH wondering if he "missed the turn." 

BIL decided to "take back the helm"
as we (they) are not quite ready for the Bay.


♦  ♦♦♦  ♦♦♦♦♦  ♦♦♦  ♦
I do have a few more photos from our trip.
Another post...

This month has flown by, and I did lose quite a few days.
I'm doing much better and just can't believe...
it's 56 days 'til Christmas!


So, until next time...
Karen

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Vallejo...my home town! Glad you are enjoying your visit to California and are feeling better.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like a fun trip and great pics! I've never seen a geyser in person:@)

Julie Fukuda said...

I love, love, LOVE these pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a fun time you've had! I loved going on this trip with you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mary said...

Karen, your photos are wonderful. I love to visit here. You make my visit most enjoyable. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary