Monday, October 3, 2011

"There and Back Again..."

No, not The Hobbit's adventure...
our visit to the Bay area.
I had to include this pic from Point Reyes visitor's center...
love the title.

...HERE and HERE are sites for some info about the area.

This is a quick post with a few pics as I am off to the hospital.
I am having ultrasound guided "fine needle biopsies" of the nodules on my thyroid.
Actually, I had this done before about 15 years ago (single biopsy).
And it was done by a surgeon in his office!
Trying to remove the band-aid was worse than the biopsy.
So.....
I will leave you with some pics for today.
It was cold and foggy and windy.
We did NOT walk down to the lighthouse this trip.
Those few coming back said visibility was zero.
So... a trek down those 308 steps and back up was kinda, well?
... next trip!
Here are some pics along the drive.




Sea Lion Overlook

Sea Lion overlook

...basking in sun 


"California Cow"   ;-)
This cow was close to the road we were driving on back from Point Reyes.
The rest were just "cows in the mist."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

...more later.
Have a great Monday!

...Karen



2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved seeing this. The coast in CA is so different from ours in FL. Those sea lions! Oh, to be able to see them on a daily basis. I love them.

Love the cow, too!

XO,

Sheila

Julie Fukuda said...

I want to comment on those lovely pictures.