Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Late again...

You remember the Friday Night Sew-In, right?
Well, here is the second one in December already!
I started stitching the pattern from the kit I won from Kim,
and didn't post a progress pic on Saturday.  Oh, well...

The branch looked a little sparse, so I added some one thread pine needles.
And I like it!  What do you think?
I used a snowflake fabric from my stash and 
will use others for the borders as well.  
There is a prim embroidery I'll use with the fabrics in the kit.
I those little houses!

●   ●●   ●●●   ●●●●   ●●●●●   ●●●●   ●●●   ●●   ●

The weekend was a bit busy because...  

We found out Friday hubby had to have his other knee 
scoped for a torn meniscus. 
...and the opening the doc had was yesterday afternoon.
All went well. He is on crutches for a few days.
I need a nap... 

Until next time,
Karen

6 comments:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Your stitchery looks great! I'm so glad yesterday went well, we were thinking about y'all. ;-)

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh my! I hope things are getting better with the hubby. The stitchery is lovely.

Cheryl said...

Hope hubbies surgery goes well and you have a Merry Christmas!

Cindy said...

Hi Karen, Thank you for following my Blog. I am new to this Blogging adventure but I am so excited to be here! I am not a sewing person (wish I was) but I love your nature photos!
Merry Christmas and see you next year!
CIndy

LV said...

You do lovely embroidery work. Sorry to hear your hubby is having problems especially during the holidays. Blessings to you and family for a better New Year.

bingo~bonnie said...

I clicked on the photo, and then clicked again to zoom and your detailing looks SUPER NICE! :)

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie