Friday, January 6, 2012

a little quilt...


Some quilters are very prolific, and I have truly been inspired by so many of you.
Well, I am always "inspired."  Doing the project is another matter.
Karen - Log Cabin Quilter is one of those prolific
inspirational quilters.  Have a look at her blog.
So, today... Karen, many thanks for your inspiring posts.
⁜   ⁜   ⁜   ⁜   ⁜
The little quilt above is the one that DD Kate
drafted in less than 3 minutes after seeing a topper on Karen's blog.
Mine is constructed differently than Karen's and probably much smaller.
The one above is 16-inches square.

Here is another pic of the fabrics.

The flowers and the flower pot are wool!
This is my first time to work with wool... I'll let you know.

⁜    ⁜    ⁜    ⁜    ⁜    ⁜    ⁜

An Audubons-Warbler (Yellow-rumped Warbler) 
has been frequenting the backyard.

I backyard birding...




Have a great weekend!
...Karen

4 comments:

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Wool! Very cute! :-) Did you glue it down somehow? Enquiring minds and all that. :-D I'm stillll working on Orca Bay. ;-)

LV said...

I never knew you used wool in quilts. Never too old to learn. I love the cute bird shots.

Denise said...

Cute block...whatcha gonna do with it now? Thanks for sharing. :D

Cheryl said...

You will love wool...fast and easy applique! Thanks for sharing the pics of the Warbler...what a lovely yellow throat.