Monday, March 12, 2012

Blue Monday... with a bit o' green

as we celebrate her favorite color.... B L U E.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
I found this cute child's sectioned plate at my 
favorite thrift store.... $0.99
Stangl Pottery "Kiddieware"
Trenton, NJ
○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○ 

 This boxed snack plate set from the '50s
was a gift from a friend a few years ago after
she learned I collected snack plate sets.
She received this for a wedding gift!
They will come out of the box later this week. ;-)

○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○

I found a couple of these but 
they did not have cups with them.... $0.99
So, now I am on a mission to find some cups!
Anchor Hocking "Colonial Lady"
Snack Plate
○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○   ○

 And THIS is what I should be sewing together...

...'til next time,
Karen

5 comments:

LV said...

You seem to have had a profitable outing. I like all your finds.

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Karen.

Karen said...

I have never heard of any one collecting snack plates. My mother used to have a set and that would have been in the 50's. I never thought of there being different styles of those dishes. A unique item to collect and pretty.

cassandrasminicorner said...

Cool! I like it..

Visiting for Blue Monday_ hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/03/eternity-bangles.html

I am also hosting a $50 giveaway. One day and 8 hrs left.. Hope you can join.. Check it here:

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/03/technology-in-our-lives.html

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

A very pretty collection of blues for Blue Monday, and the Shamrock fabric is so pretty!