Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flirtation & Adoration...

Oh... it's the china 
and the silver-plate patterns! ;-)
Join me on the patio...


The English bone china is "Flirtation"
by Royal Doulton that I purchased for
myself in the mid-70's... Twelve 5-piece settings.

It is a very delicate pattern with
pink poppies, blue cornflowers,
(not hand-painted periwinkles ~
if I had only known...)
white daisies, wildflowers,
and golden ears of wheat. 

The silver-plate flatware pattern is
1847 Rogers "Adoration."



Princess House Crystal "Heritage"
2-piece hurricane candle lamp.
A recent purchase... $3 
from my favorite thrift store.





Princess House Crystal "Heritage"
sugar and creamer.
This set was a wedding shower
gift over 30 years ago...
among other pieces.

Princess House home parties were
very popular all those years ago,
 as I recall.




I'm joining Cuisine Kathleen for

... and thank you for visiting me today!
'til next time,
...Karen

10 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I must follow you because you know about the hand painted periwinkles--heehee--and I looked at your last post and when you said to lean in and sniff, I did--it was soooo delicious looking! Linda

Joanna said...

That is a beautiful table setting. I worked at Princess House some years ago and have many of their items, but not the creamer and sugar you have which are lovely. Just love the bunnies as well.

Sarah said...

Beautiful table. I'd love to join you on the patio.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty pics! Your bunnies are adorable:@)

Alycia Nichols said...

I totally remember Princess House parties!!! I still have a couple of wine decanters and a small ice bucket I bought at one of those parties. Man...that really brings back memories. Very pretty setting. The pattern on the china is so soft and pretty!

Kathleen said...

What a lovely pattern of dishes! I just love that candle lamp, sweet! And the bunny is just adorable!
I don't remember Princess Parties, maybe they didn't have them here in NY, or I was never invited! :(
Thanks for sharing these pretties with us at Let's Dish! I am sure you have a lot more to share, and I am looking forward to it!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Happy Easter Karen to you and your family!!

Helen said...

You had me at the Header--Just Beautiful. I joined Marcia's Linking blog and have come across your site. I have enjoyed reading several of your posts today and look forward to receiving future posts. I just became your 86'd Follower. Helen

Rettabug said...

I, too, remember Princess House parties! I still have a few pieces, too. I like your new finds as well as your "old" china & silverware. Very pretty!

fondly,
Rett

Sharon said...

Oh how rich and delicate, just love it