Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"It's not what you look at that matters,

...it's what you see."
~Henry David Thoreau

A beautiful day on Monday... upper 70's, gentle breeze, blue skies.
Peeking through the kitchen blinds, I spot Winston just "minding his own business."
Such a handsome guy enjoying the day.

...and then a quick look to his right.


...so I look, too!  A robin!
Spring arrives in less than two weeks,
but you wouldn't know it looking around here today!
Another gusty, blustery day... almost brownout conditions!
This photo was taken around noon today.
There are mountains beyond... somewhere!

●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●

Anyway, lunch was good today!

~Pulled pork BBQ sandwich~

~Three Bean Salad~
---vintage Pyrex - Butterfly Gold---

~Pineapple Cole Slaw~
---Federal Glass Co. ~ Madrid pattern bowl---

My vintage glassware and dishes do not go in the dishwasher.
I finished one of the tea towels Sandie gifted me.
This will be put to good use!

The second towel is nearly finished.  (old photo below)
But this will give you an idea of the Sulky Fabri-Solvy product stuck to the towel.
I THIS STUFF!

●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●
●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

While scrolling though my Google Reader,
I read Ceekay's posts about...

We normally do not buy cookies, but I must confess!!!
My friend Denise recently introduced me to these...

and I succumbed to the cool minty chocolate goodness!


---Federal Glass Iridescent Tumbler---
Pfaltzgraff  "Filigree."  I guess they are "vintage,"  too,
as I've had them for nearly 30 years.  
They are stamped USA rather than  made in China.
These are our "every day dishes."
At Christmas time, these mix well with my Winterberry since
Winterberry is Filigree decorated holly and berries.
I'm not a "dipper" but do twist them apart...  ;-)
...and no, I didn't eat all those cookies.
My limit is three!
●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●  ●   ●
●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'til next time...
Karen

7 comments:

Michelle May said...

Winston is such a sweet boy!
Pineapple coleslaw? Oh yummy!!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

oh thank Jesus he didn't bring me the mint ones! I would be a gonner!!! I put the birthday ones in the freezer....but don't worry...I KNoW for a fact, they are GOOD frozen!!

Cheryl said...

The wind has been horrendous here as well. Oh, those are adorable Tea towels! Winston is such a proper gentleman. Thin Mints are my Achilles heal.

Julie Fukuda said...

I know my self control would not be that good! Each half day hint of spring is followed by four more days of winter. Good dog, Winston. I know Nikko would do more than turn her head in that bird's direction.

Julierose said...

Hi Karen,Thank you for your kind comment--I like the BG-pink, too...
Winston is ab-so-lutely adorable!! I love dogs; we are presently dog-less but are thinking about a rescue maybe (actually I am trying to sway my sweetie..)Julierose

Kelli said...

Love all of the pictures, Karen and love this post.. thanks for giving us a glimpse into your day. Winston is such a DOLL. xo

Denise said...

M-M-M! Love those mint Oreo cookies. xoxo :D