Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Painting progress today...

Well, the ceiling is painted...
to keep the "haints" away.   ;-)
(More about that when the patio is complete.)

After prepping yesterday for painting,
I made pizza last night for dinner.
I have been using a recipe for dough by
Wolfgang Puck for years.
The toppings were fresh mozzarella, onion,
prosciutto, spinach, and freshly grated Parmesan.

The evening was nice, so I grabbed a plate
and headed outside to the patio table.
This is an oval snack plate from our
every day dishes...
Filigree by Pfaltzgraff and
my glass of wine in Irish crystal.

So then, here comes hubby...
with HIS plate and beverage of choice!
A paper plate and frosty mug o' beer.
Oh, well... pizza tastes the same.
Winston wants to know, "I can haz pizza?"

   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●

I love to shop thrift stores and recently acquired these.
~ Wedgwood "Edme" ~
This is a 5-piece place setting for four
I could not pass on the price...
$1 each piece.
Oh, and the English Beaker on the left
is from a different store / different day.

This may be the set I use for the 
Mother's Day Tablescape Challenge.


●   ●   ●   ●   ●

Another work day tomorrow on the patio.

Until next time,
Karen

... during breaks, I sneaked peeks in my
Thimbleberries quilt books.
I think I found something!

...bye!

10 comments:

kitty said...

You're right about that...pizza does taste the same no matter what kind of plate!! That's too funny about your hubby's choice. Your pizza looks really yummy. I've used Wolfgang's recipe before, too.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yum!
Love the new dishes too~ and the crocheted topper!
Have fun painting. ;-)

Kelli said...

The pizza looks so yummy and even pretty, on either place setting. :) Good find with the dishes! xo

Mary said...

Your pizza looks delicious~ did you share with Winston? :)

Diane said...

I love home-made pizza and yours looks delicious. I have never painted my porch ceiling blue to keep away the "haints", but perhaps that I should - my pizza never turns out looking that good!!

PAT said...

Your pizza looks wonderful. I need to make a homemade pizza.

Cheryl said...

Happy painting and I agree with Winston...pizza looks scrumptious.

Scribbler said...

What a great find! I also make my pizza from scratch -- so much better!

Barbara said...

Mmmmm, homemade pizza is one of our favorites. It matches your tablecloth perfectly! I'm hungry now. :)

Kathleen said...

Pizza tastes better on a pretty plate! It looks delicious, and I love your new purchases! Sorry I am late, if you read my new post you will see why!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!