Monday, May 14, 2012

Biscornu...

...made by my DD, Kate, 
for me for Mother's Day.
♥    ♥   ♥    ♥    ♥



A biscornu may sound like a fancy treat,
but it is actually a fancy eight-sided pincushion.

♥    ♥    ♥    ♥    ♥

The hummingbirds are here for the summer.
We got our feeders up late this year 
but the hummers still found us.
This feeder is blown glass...
a gift from my sister.

●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●   ●
The bird feeders had just been filled when
I spotted this little guy just cramming his cheeks.
It was fun to watch.
My DH says they are "rats with good PR."


●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
That's it for today...
looks like the heavens are about to open.
Thunder and lightning and rain... oh, my!

Until next time...
Karen



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Pin cushion way too lovely to stick pins in ... love your wild life!

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful gift from your daughter! I love the hummingbirds...so you!