Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fusion Blanket Crochet Along...

...and here is my first block.


I chose not to use charm packs but rather
some yardage from my stash... just the two fabrics above.
The plaid is on the back.

Also... being the non-conformist I am,
I cut my original squares 6.5 inches.
The square measures  6 inches finished
before the crochet rounds.
This is just my practice block.


My Monday Night Sew Group figures we will
each have a cute mug rug... as in one each...
OR, we will finish a couple blocks and have
a personal place mat... one also.

My DD Kate has helped each of us with the crochet.
She re-wrote directions and re-drafted the pattern for me.
And we decided to use Thermore® Ultra-Thin Batting 
to give some body to the squares.

And we are not alone in our frustration of sorts...
Read HERE and HERE (scroll down post).


So... we don't feel quite so badly 
about having only completed one block.
Maybe those with more crochet experience will be more successful.
AND a little quicker than our group!

We are NOT giving up, though!  ... not yet, anyway.

♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦
'til next time,
Karen





5 comments:

krislovesfabric said...

I really would like to do this one but I don't think I can "get the crochet part"...I once made a scarf but that was over 30 years ago...yours is beautiful.

Cheryl said...

How did you anchor the crochet to the fabric square?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very nice! I caught the fever~ I bought yarn yesterday. sigh Does someone tell you the stitches to use or is everyone on their own there? Happy stitching!

Denise said...

Click on the icon that Karen posted for the directions and information about the sew-along. Thanks, Karen and Kate, for getting me started last night on my first...of many...blocks! :D

Deborah said...

Your block is beautiful. I like the idea of making the bigger blocks!