Saturday, August 18, 2012

Roasting those chiles... quesadillas for lunch!

Gorgeous bag of chiles!
Washed and ready to roast....


 On to the grill to char.... 

 Into the roaster to steam... 


           On to baking sheets to cool...

4 - 6 chiles to a freezer bag ready for the freezer... 

... and finally, LUNCH!
Green Chile / Chicken Quesadilla
with Salsa Fresca and sour cream.
(and, yes, I made the Salsa Fresca.) 

Are you coming for lunch?
We have plenty of chiles...

We just had to try the chiles... these are truly mild, 
as was described on the label.

So, hubby is off to get another bag... medium-hot.  :-D

●     ●     ●     ●     ●     

Back later with my FNSI results...

Karen

2 comments:

Karen said...

I wish you would have invited me to lunch a bit earlier. I already had plans for the day. I could have hopped a plane and maybe stay for a couple weeks. Your food pictures make all look yummy.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

drool You really know how to make a girl miss EP! :-( Enjoy one for me!