Saturday, September 22, 2012

FNSI results...

So, last night was....

For the...

I made the block below.
"All Hallows Variation"
may be found HERE.


~All Hallows Variation~

The half square triangles in the block above 
were made by drawing the diagonal line...
sewing 1/4" on either side...
cutting apart... You know the routine.

Well, to make the additional eight blocks I want
for a topper using this block,
I need 160 HST units.
Last night I printed out and sewed them using
Triangulations™


It took about an hour to sew them all.






Sometime today, I will cut them all apart
and tear the paper away... then press.


The four-inch black squares will need
squares sewn to them but that will be a breeze.

•    •    •    •    •
Have a great weekend!
Happy sewing... 'til next time,
Karen




6 comments:

Kelli said...

Those triangulations look really great and easy to use! Cute block! Great FNSI results. I made another union jack for FNSI. Hope you're having a great weekend!
xo

Deborah said...

Those are pretty blocks - very Halloweeny!

Mrs.Pickles said...

just love that block! I can see how those triangulations would come in handy!

Noela said...

I have used those triangulations in a recent quilt and they made the half-square triangles very easy to make. Love your block.

Jennifer W. said...

Oh, I love the triangulations thing. I have a heck of a time with HSTs. I'm going to have to give it a try with this. Not that it will help me end up with blocks as perfect as yours, but I can try, at least. Your block is amazing! Great FNSI. :)

Foolish Feathers said...

Karen, What a great job you did on thsi project! The HST method really worked well to make your block look crisp, Very nicely done!