Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Déjà vu...

Déjà vu, literally "already seen," 
is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation 
that an event or experience 
currently being experienced 
has been experienced in the past.

So, let's explore this a bit more...

Here is a favorite album I still have  
from my high school years although
I don't have a turntable anymore...
(Some things are just hard to part with.)
♪♪♪♫♫♫♫♪♪♪
Mmm... no, that's not it.

Wasn't this thriller of a movie either...
Do you remember this one?

Actually... it wasn't Déjà vu after all
 'cause I was actually there both times.


So... where was I and what was I doing?
Albuquerque, NM for a week the first time and 
back again just this past weekend.

We helped our DS/DDIL move from 
one apartment to another... o m g !
The first one they moved into blindly
coming from the Bay area was 
"less than stellar."
They are in a much nicer apartment now...
I can sleep better! (and so will they)
It's a mom thing, you know?

was going on both times while we were there
 but we missed all the festivities. 
We did see some balloons, though,
from our hotel this second time around.
(I believe there were 600 balloons total this year.)




  The event this year expected
to draw nearly 800,000 visitors.

On Sunday morning, the drawing was held 
Raffle Quilt, "Fanciful Flight."
~Saw it on the television... :-(
They said the appliques were of balloons
in the festival.
●     ●     ●     ●     ●
I supervised during the second move
due to having another
ultrasound guided fine-needle
aspiration biopsy of my thyroid earlier in the week.
Preliminary pathology - negative.  :-)
●   ●   ●   ●   ●

Thank you all for the wonderful comments
about my Log Cabin blocks for the blog hop...

I am so sorry I did not get to visit each participant
during the hop or to thank you personally 
via email for visiting my blog post...
but I do appreciate your encouragement
and kind words.  Thank you so much!
They are still "blocks" as I just haven't
had any time to sew!  And,
I am trying to get caught up before
we leave again!  More on that later...

Madame Samm has a 
Pinterest Page of all entries
in the Leafs Me Happy hop.
●   ●   ●   ●   ●
There is another blog hop coming up.
The hostess for this hop is
My day is Monday, October 22nd.

HERE is a complete schedule 
of participants.
This hop should be quite interesting... er, uh, wicked.

So, hopefully I'll catch up with 
what you've been up to soon...
Guess it would help if I stayed home more.

Am I the only one who thinks 
this year has flown by???

...Karen

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Moving is hard enough, but twice...yuk! Glad they are in a better place though. Thyroid biopsy? So glad it is negative....you take care of yourself. BTW, my favorite album too! Humming songs in my head right now.